International FP&A Board
High-quality financial planning and analysis (FP&A) can give organisations clarity on:
•the external environment
•business performance and core competencies
However, the current practice of FP&A is held back by the following:
•lacks of clearly defined principles and standards of practice
•limited professional resources
The London FP&A Board was formed on the 19th of September 2013 to bring FP&A professionals to address the above.
The Board is a collection of senior financial planning & analysis experts, with hundreds of years of experience collectively between them, which seeks to advance the profession. It operates on a non-profit basis and is based in London, UK, with chapters around the world contributing to case studies, training tips, best practice recommendations, networking events and other initiatives designed to help the advance FP&A.
London FP&A Board is intended to support the best practices and to communicate latest trends in Financial Planning and Analysis.
The Method of Work
•Debates and discussions
•Sharing case studies and practical examples
•Maintaining lively LinkedIn Group discussion, delivering high-quality content through social media and the community blog.
•The conclusions and recommendations from the advisory board are published on the “FP&A Trends” website for the benefit of overall FP&A community.
The mission of the London FP&A Board is to guide the development and promotion of best practices in modern FP&A, identify and support new trends, skillsets, and developments.
- Senior FP&A Executives
- Meet on a regular basis
- Democratic selection of topics for discussion/debate
- Not for profit
- Not for promoting special interest goods or services
International FP&A Board
The demand for International FP&A Board is high. Recently, we have successfully opened the London FP&A Board chapters in the following 13 cities in 10 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and the USA:
• Stockholm, Zurich, Geneva, Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Dubai, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, New York, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth.
In October 2017, the FP&A Board chapter in Boston will be launched.
The Previous Meetings in London:
Since the formation, London FP&A Board had the following meetings:
- London FP&A Board Formation: Mission, Goals and Principles (September 2013)
- What Makes an Ideal FP&A Professional (December 2013)
- Key Tech Requirements of an FP&A System (February 2014)
- Insight Management Puts Data to Use (May 2014)
- FP&A Data Visualisation (September 2014)
- Moving FP&A toward Advanced Analytics (December 2014)
- Latest Trends in FP&A (April 2015)
- London FP&A Board: New Strategic Plan (November 2015)
- Challenges for the 21st Century FP&A: Sense-making and Storytelling (January 2016)
- FP&A Analytical Transformation (March 2016)
- 18 May 2016. Rolling Forecast Best Practices
- 22 June 2016. Best Practices in Driver-Based Planning
- 15 September 2016. The Evolution of FP&A Business Partnering
- 15 November 2016. Long-Range and Strategic Planning. Evolution of Strategic Finance
- 2 February 2017. Integrated FP&A: How to Harmonize Organisational Planning Processes.
- 20 April 2017. FP&A Team Building
Future Meetings in London:
- 28 September 2017. Beyond Budgeting: Are we ready to abandon the traditional process?
- 21 November 2017. FP&A Transformation through Organisational Structure
The Previous Meetings of the International Board:
Amsterdam, 14 March 2017
Finance Analytical Transformation in Focus of Amsterdam FP&A Board
People From Over The World Are Getting Together To Share FP&A Knowledge
Advanced Analytics: CFO’s and FP&A Heads - ignore at your peril
Brussels, 16 March 2017
Financial Planning and Analytics Transformation in Focus of the Brussels FP&A Board
Stockholm, 26 April 2017
FP&A Analytical Transformation. Stockholm FP&A Board on how to achieve the leading stage
Zurich, 11 May 2017
FP&A Can Undergo Transformation Through Organisational Structure? Tell Us How!
Geneva, 16 May 2017
The New World FP&A Business Partners: Who are they?
Frankfurt, 8 June 2017
FP&A Analytical Transformation Milestones: Setting and Reaching
Amsterdam, 13 June 2017
Rolling Forecast: Will Traditional Budget Soon Become Abandoned?
Kuala Lumpur, 4 July 2017
Singapore, 11 July 2017
Perth, 18 July 2017
Melbourne, 20 July 2017
Sydney, 25 July 2017